Spanner in the works has worked with many organisations over the past ten years.
- One Tribe (2010) – Patricia Downey was commissioned to write a play as part of the anti-racism programme in partnership with post primary schools from Armagh, Banbridge, Craigavon, Newry and Mourne and the border counties of Monaghan and Louth.
- Beat It (2010) – a play commissioned by Women’s Aid and supported by PSNI Community Safety that was written by Patricia Downey and performed by Spanner in the Works to post primary schools and community groups throughout Northern Ireland.
- Life Goes On (2009) – a play commissioned by the charity MindWise, devised and produced by Patricia Downey which depicts the impact mental illness has on the individual and their love dones.
- Trauma in the Community (2004)– a series of 5 short plays written by Patricia Downey that was commissioned by South Armagh Women’s Health Initiative.
- Playing with Theatre (2000-2003) – a major 3 year Lottery funded project created, developed and produced by Patricia Downey which involved SITW working with 10 community groups from across Northern Ireland. The project involved writing a devised theatre piece with each group, culminating in a performance delivered in and for the localcommunity.
Spanner in the Works will continue to tour its successful workshop programme. These workshops will be facilitated throughout Northern Ireland and beyond by Artistic Director, Patricia Downey and a team of highly experienced facilitators.